Sunday, April 27, 2014

Talking To Myself

                                                           
                    

STATEMENT


I am strong as railroad nails. I come on strong because I chose to - because I want people to know at all times where I stand.

That is one facet of me. Here's another:

I have feelings. I want to be appreciated for the good things I do. I want recognition for my hard work. I break just like anyone else when those feelings are trampled - especially by the ones I care for - the ones who I was so certain cared for me - cared enough to know I have feelings.

                                             
               


Dialogue With Myself


It is shocking when you see a side of a loved one that is so unattractive. A demeanor that emerges from them with so little effort - a total aura unmistakable in its pure selfishness. You see this happening before your eyes and you are helpless. You have nothing to say. You, the one who always has an opinion. You who sees what others don't. You who has just been thrown for a loop. You who  realizes that you are not deeply loved by this trader - this recognizable unrecognizable person. Who is he? He sits there not caring how you feel - sitting there shrouded in self love forgetting who you are - what you mean to him.

Who was he?
He was sweet and real and funny and made me feel like I was essential to his life.

What is he now?
He is selfish, hurtful, forgetful of our shared history, cruel - not nice.

How does this make you feel?
Disappointed, surprised, used and unloved.

Will you get over this?

Of course - remember I'm strong as railroad nails.

                                                            

5 comments:

  1. Just a note to those readers of my blog that know me personally - this posting is not about Glenn. It could never describe him. Glenn is as good as a person can get. No, it is someone else once very close - no longer it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks this topic is the greatest I've discovered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank GOSH it's not Glenn! My stomach actually got a knot in it whilst I read... Xoxo <3

    ReplyDelete