Monday, February 4, 2013

Part 3 - A GOOD LIFE - All's Well That Is Well

                                                              
Today, something wonderful happened. We were in a coffee shop taking a break from errands and shopping. It has been a strange day really - snowy, chilly - but productive. Glenn and I were in very talkative moods - just yakking away about everything that entered our minds - a stream of consciousness conversation. When we settled at the coffee shop we fell comfortably silent enjoying the dark roast coffee and freshly baked bear claws.
 
Then clear as an angel's bell, Glenn said ‘We have a good life.”
 
It took my breath away. I mean, I get so caught up in me. It took me totally by surprise. And what does he mean we have a good life. It means Glenn is happy. And that makes me over the moon happy. I do have a good life. I’m not young anymore. I’m no longer the cute cute guy everybody wanted. I didn’t realize my dream of being a famous singer. My biological family have long become strangers. Yet, I have a good life. I am free in so many ways. Isn’t that what we all want - to be free. I’m getting there. Glenn’s soft proclamation ‘We have a good life” has truly set me free. No life is without sorrow and regret, missteps and wrong turns. No one on earth is exempt. I accept my good life and to hell with the rest!

18 comments:

  1. That's what I meant when I commented that, "Home is where the Heart is". Glen is your heart, so no matter where you live, boring old WNY or exciting, vibrant NYC. As long as Glen is by your side you are "Living the Good Life."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Christine, I get it now and thanks for caring.Btw, I don't think WNY is boring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes you do!!! and yeah Glenn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally, you're back. Thanks Glenn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glenn - the no frills philosopher - the ying to my nutty yang!

    ReplyDelete
  7. all I can say by one of your not estranged family, that makes me happy and a big AMEN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Aunt - sometimes knowing you are happy can come as a surprise. I'm glad I got there.

      Delete
  8. Yea! Well spoken. You do have a good life! Thank you for sharing it with me, a family member who loves you unconditionally. "A big AMEN!" (To quote a sweet aunt)

    ReplyDelete

  9. I'm glad you realized that you have a good life. Sometimes we take things for granted..when happiness is right under our nose.
    Always look at the bright side of life. You can't go wrong. Love to you and Glenn..by the way that's a great picture of Glenn.Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glenn always takes such good pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Agreed! That is a very handsome picture of Glenn, but then again, Glenn is handsome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he is - I'll tell him you agree with me. :)

      Delete
  12. Made me weepy. It's Absolutely a beautiful piece of writing about beauty, freedom, & appreciating the NOW. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amber. I wish I were more like Glenn. I get so caught up in the minutae sometimes and let the good substantial stuff flow by without even a nod to my good fortune.

      Delete