Saturday, April 20, 2013

RAVE ON ECHOES

                                                             


A few weeks back I ranted on about the lack of new artful singers. And that still remains true for me. But what I don't believe anymore is the end of such singing. There will always be someone popping up that will wow us and tell their story. I was just wanting it now. However, thanks to technology we can always hear Billie, Barbra, Frank, Judy, Morgana, Tony, Peggy, Kenny and so many more like Ella, Nina, Cab, etc. These will be the blueprint for the young. They will aspire, I know that for certain. I am reminded of that great line spoken by a young Broadway hopeful in Chorus Line. It goes something like this " They say Broadway is dying. It can't be- I just got here. " Don't you just love it. So true about just everything really.

We age and bemoan what comforted us when we were younger. We miss it dominating our current days. But its not over. Its just tucked away. We can revisit it through nostalgic avenues. We can also hold on for  the young to deliver - to add to our life's soundtrack. After all we are still alive and hopefully relevant and whatever is the next big thing, we will revel in it OR bitch about it. This is inevitable.

So I will rant on about this loss. But, if I want to be completely honest - what I am really ranting about - what we coots all are ranting about  is the loss of our youth. Isn't that  a fact. However, don't rant too loud, you may miss the sound of something new. A chord or two may get drowned out by the echoes of your past. You can stay relevant without betraying your past. Yes?

Great Echo #1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJGqzudEDDE

6 comments:

  1. Great post, except that rap music truly does suck. LOL. Yes, whenever I listen to sixties music or early 1970s, I miss those times more than the music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The music we love comes with baggage. We hear a song and its beauty or whatever quality tugs at us. Music is emotional. It sometimes makes us yearn for the pretty past or brings a memory to light - not always a happy one. Most times my music just elevates me and I don't need to connect it to the past or anything but just how it makes me feel. However, when I hear "Run Around Sue" I crumble into maudlin nostalgia like an old drunk on New Year's Eve.

      Delete
  2. I am technically challenged T - Well written - enjoyed reading your blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Tony. For as long as I'm alive I'll be putting in my bid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Undeniably believe that which you said. Your favorite reason appeared to be on the web the simplest thing to be aware of.
    I say to you, I definitely get irked while people think about worries that they plainly don't know about.
    You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the whole thing without having side effect , people could take a signal.
    Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

    ReplyDelete