Thursday, November 22, 2012

Is Pancreatic Cancer On The Rise?

My mother passed from pancreatic cancer. My brother passed from pancreatic cancer. Today it was announced that Mr. Food was also taken by this horrible disease. It seems I'm hearing accounts more and more about friends, acquaintences and celebs being brought down by this scourge. And it makes me wonder - just what is being done in the way of research and treatment? I feel pancreatic cancer is not a priority in the medical and science world. Perhaps I'm wrong. I don't know. This form of cancer is the cruelist it seems. There are no early warnings or treatments. My mother was diagnosed three months before she passed away. My brother had little warning as well. A diagnoses of pancreatic cancer is a death sentence. And it is immediate. A victim's final days are miserable. Severe pain, unconsciousness, delerium and over medication are all the stricken will know until the merciless end. Where are the telethons, campaigns, seminars, RESEARCH AND CURE?

Pictured is my husband, Glenn with Mr. Food at Taste Of Buffalo. Mr. Food - what is his real name? - was very nice and authentic. RIP, sir.

Click link
https://www.facebook.com/#!/JointheFight

4 comments:

  1. It is very under-promoted, for sure. And another-lung cancer. Due to it's affiliation with smoking, NOONE cares-even though it kills many non-smokers, too (my cousin's wife). Same as any other cancer.
    Tony, start a pancreatic cancer awareness petition at care2.com. !?
    R.I.P. Mr. Food...
    Glenn-u & Tony better start looking ur flipping ages b4 I catch up!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,Amber. I'll check out the link. As for our looking our ages - well - our secret is we only go out at night. We avoid the sun and garlic and crucifixes AND like our steaks rare - bloody rare.

      Delete
  2. Submitted by Anne Antes: So sad about Mr. food. No bitching to post at this time, but some to come.

    ReplyDelete