Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Angels Blush

I will be posting my favorite Christmas recordings from time to time throughout the holiday season. Check back for some special tracks you may not always hear. Today's song has become a real favorite of mine. I first discovered this tune on 9th Avenue in NYC. A man had spread out a blanket on the sidewalk around 47th St. and 9th Ave. He had used cds and cassettes, some brick-a-brack etc. I bought a single cd from him for $1.00 - Basia-Angels Blush. It wasn't even winter. It was a warm sunny summer day. And, anyway, I had no idea it was a Christmas song. In fact, when I brought it home later and listened to it for the very first time - I flipped! But, I didn't realize at first hearing that it was a Christmas song. I just love it. And the idea that angels as they watch humans - blush when they are pleased with us is so charming to me. Have a listen. Tell me what you think.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment