Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Intruders

Who knows why a thought invades our minds. I'm on my way home from eating at Wegman's. We love their food bar. They lay out a United Nations  of cuisine that is hard to resist. It is a great go to place when you don't know where to go to - to eat, that is AND cooking at home is simply out of the question. As I began - we were driving home on McKinley Parkway and my mind is flooded with faces and names and moments of people I don't see anymore - people not in my life - past people. Then the thought train gets more specific. I began to focus on people who annoyed me with their 'act". I believe everyone has an 'act". Its the persona we choose to play - the way we want to be perceived. It is based in truth but what generally happens is this role we play becomes outdated and we often times do not recognize the right time to update ourselves. But then, the folks that are dancing in my mind were part of my youth and updates weren't anywhere near their time. The strange thing, however, is how much more tolerant I am now of these annoying friends and how I now look upon their "acts" as a thing to be missed - a yearning to experience these minor annoyances - to see them again - hang out - annoy them in retailiation. Thank them for enriching my youth. Tell them I'd like to see them again - catch up. Ask them why we drifted.

Its easy to remember a former friend or lover when you know why you are 'former". But we all know that in life people drop in, stay awhile and drop out. And the reasons for the drop out usually lacks the kind of drama that would put a period on the relationship. No, it just dwindles down until you are out of each other's life.

Now, why was I thinking about this on my way home from Wegman's? Why did Tony and Peter, Susan and Susan, Stephen, Ken, Cindy, Seth, James, Con and the rest with their annoying 'acts" take over my mind? And why would I give anything to experience their 'act" again after all these years?

Was it something I ate?

http://www.myspace.com/music/player?sid=74899705&ac=now



5 comments:

  1. I was going to "like" your blog but I was afraid I was included in the "others". Oh hell, I'll check it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, not you - we are still in each others lives. Even though I am very annoying at times

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah & I'm perfect. Well anyway, I'm glad that's cleared up. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha - you notice I avoid LOL - because I am not laughing out loud - just warmly amused - haha....

    ReplyDelete
  5. John Lennon

    ReplyDelete