Saturday, December 29, 2012

CONSUMERISM 2012



                                                                   


I hate to see 2012 go. It was a good year for me. Also, 2012  just sounds and looks so much better, safer and surer than 2013. Now was 2012 a good year in general? Well, a lot of bad things happened like Newtown and other mass killings, a disturbing crumbling of the Republican Party, Syria, Sandy and so much more. But for me, personally, it was a good year. And, in general, there was much to like in 2012.                                              


In 2012, Glenn and I went to New Orleans post Mardi Gras and had the best time.


In 2012 we did some upgrades to our home having a new a/c system installed, getting new gardens. We also got a new car - love the color - merlot. Keeping step with technology I upgraded to a big screen all-in-one computer that does everything. As for big screens, we also upgraded to a beautiful LARGE flat screen TV  with Blu Ray - better to watch movies which we love to do. Glenn gave me a Samsung Galaxy tablet for my birthday which I love especially for travel on our frequent trips to our NYC home. For our NYC apartment -  handsome new wood blinds were put up.  Glenn splurged on a Kindle Fire HD and loves it. We are just high tech fools. 2013 will bring us smart phones. It will be about time. Oh, I bought a beautiful new creamy gray toilet seat for my bathroom at our house. We were major consumers I suppose. Just trying to help out the economy. Oh, one of my more interesting acquisitions just last month was eye glasses specifically for the computer. My optometrist calls it middle vision. Apparently, that's what we use when online. Whatever - the glasses are wonderful - no blurry vision after a session, no headaches - while online my vision couldn't be better.

NEXT POST - BEST OF 2012

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new iphone!Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts!
    Carry on the superb work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya i'm for the primary time here. I found this board and I find It really helpful & it helped me out a lot. I am hoping to present one thing again and aid others such as you helped me.

    ReplyDelete