Monday, January 14, 2013

SAY WHAT?

"There won't be a big coming-out speech tonight, because I already did my coming out about a thousand years ago in the Stone Age, in those very quaint days, when a fragile young girl would open up to trusted friends and family and co-workers and then gradually, proudly to everyone who knew her to everyone she actually met," she said. "But now apparently, I'm told that every celebrity is expected to honor the details of their life with a press conference, a fragrance, and a prime time reality show. You guys might be surprised, but I am not Honey Boo Boo Child. I'm sorry. That's just not me, it never was, and it never will be, but please don't cry because my reality show would be so boring."
"If you had been a public figure from the time you were a toddler, if you'd had to fight for a life that felt real and honest and normal against all odds, than maybe to you might value privacy above all else.... I have given everything up there from the time that I was three-years old. That's reality show enough, don't you think?" - Jodie Foster on the Golden Globes

                                                   

It seems Jodie Foster came out tonight on the Golden Globe Awards telecast. I mean, I think she did BUT, well, she is such a private person. SO WHY THE FUCK DID YOU CHOSE SUCH A PUBLIC PROFESSION, JODIE, IF YOU ARE SO GOD DAMNED PRIVATE! Or is it that you are so private only about "that".  You are not private when you have a film to promote. We, in fact, know a lot about you as we do with other major film stars. The only thing you hold back on is NOT your private life BUT you hold back on who you essentially are. What other stars do that but closeted gay stars?  Marriage, love, children is not a private affair. These are matters of record and even documents. No, Jodie, your cry for privacy is a pathetic attempt to covet your shame. Your veiled coming out tonight on the Golden Globes is as sad as the company you keep ( Mel Racist, Homophobic, Anti-Semitic, Sexist Gibson) - talk about a self loathing homo!  I say, Jodie, stay in the closet. You are the poorest example Hollywood can possibly offer young and not so young gay people who are still (in 2013) struggling to live freely. You, Jodie Foster, with your selfish pleas for privacy is a contributing factor for impeding their struggle.

From the many online comments regarding Miss Foster's acceptance speech for, ironically, humanitarianism, most viewers did not understand her speech.

So, Jodie, life goes on for you with little change except, of course, you have that dear little golden globe knick knack to display on your oh so private mantle of your oh so private world.

 SAME AS IT EVER WAS!

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nothing against it, but most of us figured this out a long time ago and made no big deal of it. For your asking for privacy was i one big joke, blasting it over the airwaves, certainly does not sound like that is what you want. At least respect your public. I guess I will come out to---Are you ready for this---I AM ITALIAN. Now deal with it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your spot on commemt, Aunt. I think it is fine and even necessary to be who you are and shout it to the hills with pride. But don't get all private on us when you live a very public life. You can't have it both ways. As for me,I want to state here and now, I AM A NATIVE NEW YORKER!! So there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you had to say Uncle Tony .. I was interested in your view on that and it really made me think.. I wish mom and dad accepted my sexuality like you do.. Your one of my role models

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy that I wasn't the only one who didn't understand her speech. Thank you for clearing that up or did you ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blog Tony! I am disappointed in her. I always thought better of her....but now? Not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least Daniel Day-Lewis had a great speech!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a very good show as far as award shows go. Tina and Amy were funny and the movies and actors being honored were all deserving. 2012 was a great year for movies!

    ReplyDelete